Snacks Under 200 Calories
Sweet Snacks Under 200 Calories
Tropical Fruit Parfait
In a small glass -- or a jar with a lid, if you're on the go -- layer 1/2 cup fruit cut into 1/2-inch cubes (kiwis, mangos, and pineapples are nice) with 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt. Top with 1 tablespoon toasted sliced almonds. Makes 1 serving (100 calories).
Savory Snacks Under 200 Calories
- Prep Time5 minutes
- Total Time25 minutes
- YieldMakes 4 cups
- 1 kg organic sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1/4 cup organic tahini
- 2 tablespoons organic olive oil
- 2 teaspoons organic ground cumin
- 1 organic garlic clove, chopped
- Coarse celtic salt and ground pepper
- Whole-wheat pita and crudites such as red pepper and broccoli
Set a steamer basket in a large pot. Fill with enough water to come just below basket; bring to a boil. Add potatoes; reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a food processor.
Combine chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, oil, cumin, and garlic in the food processor. Puree, about 1 minute; thin with water if necessary. Season with salt and pepper and let cool; refrigerate, in an airtight container, up to 1 week. Serve with pita and crudites.