I was going to create a coconut yogurt recipe involving pots and pans, temperature gauges, and a complicated method, but that’s really not my style. And we’re all busy. This Super Easy Coconut Yogurt is perfect for me – three ingredients*, two minutes prep time and one tasty end result. I hope it satisfies your need, and if you’ve been buying store bought coconut yogurt, saves you a small fortune. This recipe makes 400g.
- 1 can full fat coconut cream
- 1 probiotic capsule**
- 1 tablespoon tapioca/arrowroot flour
- Firstly, chill your cococnut cream in the fridge. I usually pop mine in overnight, but a few hours will do.
- Combine coconut cream, powder from inside of probiotic capsule and tapioca in a sterilised jar. Stir well and seal the lid.
- Turn your oven light on and leave the jar in overnight. Do not turn the oven on. The heat from the light is sufficient to incubate the yogurt and allow it to thicken. The longer you leave it, the thicker it becomes.
- Remove from the oven and leave on the bench for another few hours. Store in the fridge for a week.
- Delicious with my Sugar Free Breakfast Cereal and just perfect with my 80s Chocolate Souffle. Enjoy.
*For a sweeter yogurt, add 1 tablespoon of rice malt syrup. I’m content without and find the tapioca sweet enough.
**I use Orthoplex Multiflora. but I suggest you speak to your Naturopath or Pharmacist for a good quality, practitioner brand.