recipe-Baked Coconut Custard with Banana
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
4 organic eggs
1/2 cup organic desiccated coconut
1/3 cup coconut sugar
some extra coconut sugar to sprinkle on top
1 banana, peeled and sliced finely
2/3 cup coconut cream/milk
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Bake dessicated coconut in an oven proof dish for approximately 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned.
3. In a bowl, add the eggs, coconut cream, palm sugar and whisk until well combined (approximately 1 minute).
4. Add the toasted desiccated coconut and mix again until combined.
5. Using 4 small rice bowls or ramekins, add some sliced banana to the base and then pour the custard mixture equally into each.
6. Place the custard filled bowls into an ovenproof tray with sides at least 4-5cm high. Pour in some hot water creating a water bath for the custard to cook in; the water should be at least half way up the bowls/ramekins. Place in the oven to cook for approximately 20-25 mins or until the custards are slightly firm to touch in the middle and golden on top.
7. If you like, sprinkle a little shaved palm or brown sugar on top of each custard once they have firmed a little in the oven. Serve immediately in the bowls/ramekins they are baked in, warning others the bowls are hot.