If you have searching around for a healthy but delicious and easy snack to make – then try my yummy BLISS BALLS These have long been my all time favourite treat and the best part is you really don’t have to feel guilty about indulging in these balls of joy, because there really is nothing naughty about them! Packed with healthy plant protein, thanks to the nuts and seeds, they are also a good source of healthy fats with the coconut oil and tahini, that won’t end up on your hips! My favourite ingredient – raw cocoa powder and nibs – provides a rich source of magnesium and antioxidants, as well a delicious chocolatey flavour. I find adding Vital Greens powder not only boosts the super food value, but adds a little sweetness without the need for sugar. But if you don’t have any on hand you can always substitute with a little rice syrup which is fructose free.
Remember the amounts for each ingredient are fairly loose, so you can adjust them to suit your preferred ingredients. Just be sure to add more coconut oil and or tahini paste to ensure they are moist enough to roll into little balls.
Enjoy these for a delicious afternoon treat with a fresh cup of your favorite herbal tea and feel spoilt
The exact measurements are fairly loose, so feel free to add or detract, but just ensure they are moist enough to roll into little balls!
• 1/2 to 1 cup of cashews blended until smooth
• 1/2 cup organic almonds
• 1/2 cup organic macadamia nuts
• 1/2 cup organic pumpkin seeds
• 1/2 cup organic sunflower seeds
• 1/2 cup of organic chia seeds
• 1/2 cup goji berries
• 1 table spoon of vital greens powder or 1 -2 tb.sp’s of rice syrup
• 1 – 1 1/2 heaped tablespoons organic cocoa powder
• 1 1/2 – 2 table spoons of organic tahini
• 2- 3 table spoons of organic virgin coconut oil
• 1/2 cup organic cocoa nibs
• 3/4 cup toasted coconut flakes
• 1/2 – 1 cup of desiccated coconut or sesame seeds
Add all the nuts, goji berries, sesame, sunflower and pumpkin seeds to a blender or food processor and blend until finely chopped -be careful not to blend to meal consistency as it’s better to have the nuts chopped up finely for a little crunch!
• Transfer mix to a large bowl and add all other ingredients, except the desiccated coconut – you’ll need this to roll the balls in after combing the mix.
• Mix the ingredients with your hands ( this is the bit the kids love) until well combined, then take a scoop of the mix and roll into balls – about the size of half a golf ball.
• Add desiccated coconut to a plate and roll the balls in it until well coated – you may need to top up the coconut as you go.
Serve 1- 2 BLISS BALLS
with a cup of your favorite herbal or chai tea .
We Also Recommend