recipe-Blueberry Coconut Muffins
Blueberry Coconut Muffins
recipe adapted by:http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/blueberry-coconut-muffins/
Yield: 10 muffins
Cook Time: 18-20 minutes
Coconut muffins made with white whole wheat flour, coconut oil, coconut milk, coconut, and blueberries. Coconut fans will go crazy for these muffins!
1 1/2 cups our organics white unbleached Wheat flour
1/2 cup rapadura sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled to room temperature
1 large egg
3/4 cup lite coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1. Preheat oven to 170 c Grease muffin pan or line pan with muffin liners. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
3. In a separate medium bowl, mix coconut oil, egg, coconut milk, and vanilla together.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir with a spatula. Stir until just combined. The batter will be thick. Gently fold in the coconut and blueberries.
5. Divide batter among prepared muffin cups. Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Transfer muffins to a cooling rack and cool.
Note-you can make this recipe vegan by replacing the egg with 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds and 3 tablespoons water. Stir together until thick and add to coconut oil, coconut milk, and vanilla.