recipe-Cherry Maracoon gluten free
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup maple syrup ( i would use rice syrup here)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 tsp salt (preferably Himalayan rock salt)
- Soak cherries in water for 30min to an hour to soften them up.
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- Once the cherries are done soaking, blend them in a food processor with 1/4 cup of the soaking water along with maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract to creating a pink paste.
- In a medium sized bowl mix the coconut and salt into the cherry paste.
- Scoop 1 Tbsp sized balls of dough onto the baking sheet and bake for 25min, or until the bottom of the macaroons are golden brown. You can place the macaroons fairly close together because their shape won’t change while cooking.
- Remove the macaroons from the oven and let them cool for 30min before storing or serving.
- For a chocolate coating whisk together 1/2 Tbsp melted coconut oil, 3 Tbsp cacao or cocoa powder and 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup to drizzle on top.
We Also Recommend
Crunchy cashew thai quinoa salad recipe by: http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2013/04/crunchy-cashew-thai-quinoa-salad-with-ginger-peanut-dressi