recipe- Coconut Almond Candy Bars
Coconut Almond Candy Bars
These coconut almond candy bars are gluten-free, grain-free, refined-sugar free, and are fun to make. They are a delicious afternoon pick-me-up or dessert your family will adore!
Yields: 10 to 15 bars
- 4 ounces coconut butter
- 2 – 1/2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 – 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 – 1/2 cups raw, organic coconut flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pure organic vanilla extract
- 1 cup raw, organic, fair-trade dairy-free chocolate chips
- Organic soaked and dehydrated almonds
1. In a double boiler, melt together the coconut butter, honey, coconut oil, vanilla and coconut flakes until melted and well-combined. Pour the mixture into a glass dish lined with unbleached parchment paper (either a loaf pan or 8×8 dish will work great). Press the mixture down firmly in the dish with your hands. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes to firm up.
2. While the coconut mixture is cooling and firming in the freezer, melt the chocolate on the stove in a double boiler. Once almost all the chocolate chips are melted, remove from heat and mix until all the chocolate chips melted together.
3. Remove the coconut mixture from the freezer, invert to a cutting board, and remove the parchment paper. Cut the coconut mixture into desired sizes (I went with long skinny bars).
4. Take a spoon and place a little bit of melted chocolate on top of each coconut bar, add one to two almonds on top of each bar. Let set for a few minutes.
5. Take the parchment paper used to line the glass dish, place on the counter, and then place a wire cookie rack above the paper.
6. Place a bar on top of a fork and dip into the chocolate, use a spoon to aid in covering the bar completely with the melted chocolate. With the bar still on the fork, lift it out of the chocolate, and give it a little shake to get the excess chocolate off. Place on the wire rack. Do this for all the bars.
7. Once the bars are all placed on the wire rack, put in the fridge to cool and harden completely. Once hardened, store in an airtight container in the fridge. Enjoy!
We Also Recommend