recipe- Easy Cheese and Mushroom-Stuffed Chicken
Easy Cheese and Mushroom-Stuffed Chicken
organic raw chicken breasts (about 3 individual breasts)
1 cup organic mushrooms, sauteed w/ salt, pepper, garlic, & lemon zest
1 generous cup shredded cheese (mozzarella, mild cheddar...)
Salt and black pepper
Olive oil cooking spray
1 cup breadcrumbs (rice crumbs if you want this to be gluten free)
2 organic eggs
Fresh parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat your oven to 185c. Lay your chicken breasts on a clean plastic cutting board (never use a wooden board when handling raw proteins) and trim off the fat and various other "icky" parts. Be sure each breast is equally sized for even cooking
2. With a sharp knife, slice evenly into the side of each breast to make a pouch. Do not cut through the other side or through the still-connected ends.
3. Stand your chicken breasts up so that the pouch you just created forms a boat. Yes, a chicken boat. Best kind of boat if you ask me. Now that you've got your chicken standing up with flat bottoms and open tops, season liberally with salt and pepper, then fill the breasts with cheese and top with the sauteed mushrooms.
4. Get out two medium-sized bowls and fill one with your breadcrumbs and the other with your eggs.
5. Beat the eggs well, then use your hand to coat only the chicken (you don't need to worry about the filling).
6. Shake off the excess egg and coat the chicken lightly with breadcrumbs.
7. Shake off the excess breadcrumbs and gently transfer the chicken breasts to a large, greased, foil-lined baking pan.
8. Top with some extra cheese. Be messy about it.
9. Spray liberally with olive oil cooking spray, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and bake at 185 c for 35-40 minutes, or until cooked through.
We Also Recommend