recipe- New York Cheesecake - Low Carb
New York Cheesecake - low carb
- 24 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sugar substitute - We use xylitol
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened vanilla extract
- 2 to 4 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 5 eggs
- 1/8 th teaspoon salt
Crust IngredientsSpecial Equipment
- 1 cup roughly Chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup roughly Chopped walnuts
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, soft
- a 10.25 inch springform cake pan
- a roasting pan large enough to hold the cake pan
- Making the crust: Butter the inside of the springform pan to prevent sticking. Mix all nuts and almond meal with melted butter and press into the springform pan.
- Pour about 1 inch of water into the roasting pan and place it on the center rack of the oven. Turn the oven on to 205 degrees C to preheat.
- Separate the egg yolks and egg whites of 3 eggs.
- Beat the 3 egg whites until they are stiff and set it aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, ricotta, sour cream and sugar substitute on low speed for about 1 minute until well blended. Use a large mixing bowl as all the cake ingredients will end up in it.
- In a separate bowl, using a wire whisk, mix heavy cream, vanilla, lemon juice, 2 whole eggs, 3 egg yolks, and salt until blended.
- Using the electric mixer on low to mix it, slowly pour the egg mixture into the cream cheese mixture. Beat just until blended - do not to over-whip.
- Fold the stiff egg whites into this mixture.
- Pour the mix onto the crust base in the springform pan.
- Cover the springform pan with foil, to prevent water leaking into it.
- Place the pan into the heated water bath in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- At the 15 minute mark, turn the over down to 275 degrees F and continue baking for 1 1/2 hours, or until the top is light golden brown and cake is pulling away from the sides of the pan.
- Turn the oven off, don't open the oven door, and leave the cake in the oven to cool for 3 more hours. This will keep the cake nice and tall.
- Remove cake and refrigerate before serving. Serve chilled. It tends to get better over time so don’t eat it too quickly.
We Also Recommend