recipe- Pear, Apple & Pistachio Crumble
Pear, Apple & Pistachio Crumble | recipe care of: Burning Down The Kitchen with The Orgasmic Chef
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: One 9 x 13 Pan
Depends how hungry you are!
Incredible recipe for a pear and apple crumble with chopped pistachios inside. Easy to make, addictive to eat!
- 4 granny smith apples
- 4 pears, any will do
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 tablespoons of rapadura or coconut sugar,
- 1 1/2 cups rapadura /or coconut sugar, for crumble
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1 teaspoon roasted cinnamon, or any cinnamon you have on hand
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 185c
- Peel both the pears and apples, then cut into pieces. Pop them in a saucepan and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes. If you find them watery you can drain off some of the excess, or use a touch of cornstarch to help thicken the water. Do not do both of these things, one or the other.
- Remove from heat and add #1 sugar and almond extract.
- Pour the pear and apple mixture into a casserole pan (9 x 13, or small dutch oven)and spread out.
- Mix all the other ingredients in a bowl until it resembles coarse crumbs. Spoon over top of the pear and apple mixture. Smooth out.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until top in light golden brown.
- Remove from oven and try to allow to cool. (hardest step ever)
- Serve with a big old "I ate the whole pan" smile!
We Also Recommend