recipe- Quinoa Salad with Butternut pumpkin, Dried Cranberries & Pepitas
Quinoa Salad with Butternut pumpkin, Dried Cranberries & Pepitas
recipe by :http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
Quinoa salad with roasted butternut pumpkin, dried cranberries, pepitas and a simple citrus honey dressing.
1 butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded, and chopped into 1/2-inch cubes
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, for seasoning squash
2 cups quinoa
4 cups water
Pinch of salt
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup pepitas
For the Citrus Honey Dressing:
Juice of 3 large oranges
Zest of 1 large orange
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 175 c Place butternut pumpkin on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Toss until squash is well coated. Season with salt and pepper. Roast the squash for 30 minutes, turning once, until tender.
2. While the butternut pumpkin is roasting, cook the quinoa. Add quinoa, water, and salt to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes. Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Let cool quinoa cool to room temperature.
3. In a large bowl, combine quinoa, butternut pumpkin, dried cranberries, and pepitas. In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, zest, olive oil, and honey. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Drizzle over quinoa salad. Toss until ingredients are well dressed. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Note-you can use agave instead of the honey to make a vegan salad.
If you like this you might also like:
- Butternut Squash Salad with Farro & Pepitas from The Smitten Kitchen
- Quinoa Salad with Sweet Potatoes, Kale, & Dried Cranberries from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Roasted Butternut Squash & Arugula Salad from Shutterbean
- Maple Roasted Butternut Squash & Apple Salad from Two Peas and Their Pod