recipe- Strawberries roasted in honey & red wine vinegar with mint & yoghurt
• 3 cups of strawberries, green leaves removed*
• 4 tbsp red wine vinegar*
• 3 tbsp honey, maple or agave syrup
• A handful of pine nuts
• 1/2 cup natural yoghurt
• A small handful of fresh mint leaves
* frozen strawberries work well also, simply thaw them out before using.
* try to use a good quality red wine vinegar if you can, as you can really taste the difference in this dish.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C.
2. In a medium sized bowl, toss the strawberries with the red wine vinegar, honey and pine nuts.
3. Pour the strawberries, along with the sauce in to a baking dish.
4. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or so, turning the strawberries with a wooden spoon half way through. Once the strawberries have finished roasting, they should be soft and juicy, not too dry.
5. Leave the strawberries to cool for 5 minutes or so.
6. To serve, divide the strawberries between bowls. Spoon dollops of the yoghurt in and amongst the strawberries, and then sprinkle with the mint leaves.
We Also Recommend